Index du Forum

Index du ForumFAQRechercherS’enregistrerConnexion

:: Augusta since 2007 or been a serious contender in more than ::

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet     Index du Forum -> Partie technique -> Revue Moto Technique
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
bellis555

MessagePosté le: Mar 28 Nov - 04:07 (2017)    Sujet du message: Augusta since 2007 or been a serious contender in more than Répondre en citant

BOSTON - Former major league pitcher Curt Schilling says he has been treated for mouth cancer and blames the disease on his use of chewing tobacco for about 30 years. Cameron Brannagan Jersey . Schilling discussed details on WEEI-FM in Boston on Wednesday. The former Red Sox right-hander announced in February that he had cancer but hadnt disclosed what kind. He has said he is in remission after seven weeks of radiation and chemotherapy and has lost 75 pounds. "Im not going to sit up here from the pedestal and preach about chewing," he said. "It was an addictive habit. I can think about so many times in my life when it was so relaxing to just sit back and have a dip and do whatever. "And I lost my sense of smell, my taste buds for the most part. I had gum issues, they bled, all this other stuff. None of it was enough to ever make me quit." Schilling revealed the type of cancer two months after Hall of Fame outfielder Tony Gwynn died at the age of 54 of oral cancer, a disease he attributed to years of chewing tobacco. Use of chewing tobacco has been "a norm in the baseball culture," Red Sox manager John Farrell said. "On the heels of the unfortunate passing of Tony Gwynn and now what Curts going through, you would think that this would be more of a current beacon for guys to take note and know that theres a price to be paid if youre one of the unfortunate ones that is stricken by cancer." Major League Baseball prohibits having smokeless tobacco in public view and imposes fines for violations. Minor leaguers cannot use it in games. Former Red Sox left-hander Jon Lester was coming back from treatment for anaplastic large cell lymphoma in 2007, Farrells first year as Bostons pitching coach. Lester, sent to Oakland at the trade deadline last month, was 4-0 that year and won the final game of Bostons four-game sweep of the Colorado Rockies in the World Series. "Any time a public figure who is, unfortunately, diagnosed with cancer, is able to come out and speak about it — I know how hard that can be — it brings awareness," Lester said after Schillings disclosure, "and maybe sheds a little light or a little hope on somebody whos struggling." Before his team faced the Red Sox on Wednesday night, Los Angeles Angels manager Mike Scioscia said the use of smokeless tobacco "is non-existent in the minor leagues during a game. ... You hope that the next generation will heed the mistakes of the prior generation." Schilling is a three-time World Series champion with the Arizona Diamondbacks and Red Sox. "Its a very serious issue," said Baltimore Orioles manager Buck Showalter, Schillings manager with the Diamondbacks in 2000, the year before they won the World Series after Showalter left. Awareness "has gotten a lot better over the years through things like Curt is doing, but theres a long way to go." Schilling played from 2004-07 with the Red Sox, who won the World Series in his first and last seasons with them. "Hes elected to keep it very personal and I wouldnt want to betray that confidence," said Cleveland Indians manager Terry Francona, who managed Boston from 2004-11. "Hes said what hes wanted to say, when hes wanted to say it." Colorado Rockies outfielder Michael Cuddyer said he tries to encourage young players not to use smokeless tobacco. "Anybody that thinks about it or wants to do it because its cool should realize its definitely not," he said. "Youre seeing these guys lives get put in jeopardy because of it. Young players and young kids should be aware of that. Its a disgusting habit." Schilling is being sued by Rhode Islands economic development agency after his video game company received a $75 million state loan guarantee and then collapsed. ___ AP Sports Writers Pat Graham and Janie McCauley and freelancers Patrick Donnelly and Paul Ladewski contributed to this story. Mamadou Sakho Jersey .com) - Eric Fehr and Marcus Johansson each registered a pair of goals, as Washington spoiled the head coaching debut of Peter Horachek by picking up a 6-2 victory in Toronto on Wednesday. Adam Bogdan Jersey . The Tiger-Cats announced on Friday the linebacker has signed a new contract with the team through the 2016 season. http://www.soccerliverpoolproshop.com/c-16-emre-can-liverpool-fc-jersey.aspx . Chan captured two silver medals at last months Sochi Winter Games — mens singles and the inaugural team event. But he doesnt have the urge to resume training to defend his world title when the event is held in Saitama, Japan, later this month.AUGUSTA, Ga. -- Kevin Stadler might be playing in the Masters for the first time, but hes already showing his old man a thing or two. Such as the best way to get to the Augusta National media centre. Craig Stadler went through the main door for a joint news conference with his son Monday, which is actually the long way to go. Kevin, meanwhile, slipped in through a back entrance, like most players who turn up for interviews at the building alongside the first fairway. "Howd you come in?" Craig asked his son, looking a bit surprised when he turned to see Kevin standing behind him. "Through the door," Kevin replied dryly, very much the child poking fun at his dad. All kidding aside, the Stadlers are gearing up for a historic week at Augusta National. For the first time, a father and son will play in the same Masters -- Craig, who says hell probably be teeing it up for the 38th and final time, and Kevin, making his debut in the opening major of the season. "If and when I do ... bow out, I cant think of a better way to do it than playing with your son in the same tournament," the elder Stadler said. "Its awesome." Sixty-year-old Craig won the Masters in 1982, beating Dan Pohl in a playoff, and has been back every year since. Kevin, now 34, used to come each year as a child to cheer on his dad Now, hes got a spot of his own after winning at Phoenix two months ago for his first PGA Tour victory. "Its going to be really, really fun to be on the inside of the ropes," Kevin said. "I feel like I know this place pretty well but Ive never, ever played it. So its going to be a blast." Kevin, whose parents are divorced, has conceded the relationship with his father isnt as close as it once was, and there were times Monday when he seemed hesitant to turn this into a totally feel-good story. But the pair went out for a practice round -- which was cut short after only two holes when heavy rain brought a halt to play -- and theyre planning to play together again Tuesday, when the forecast called for much-improved conditions. And if theyre paired together in the first two rounds, that would be just fine with Kevin. "I wouldnt have any issues with that," he said, smiling. Besides, the younger Stadler is making a name for himself, after a lifetime of being compared with his father (right down to their matching physiques, wwith both listed as 5-foot-10, 250 pounds by the PGA Tour). Simon Mignolet Jersey. Kevin won four times on the second-tier Nationwide Tour and appears poised for a breakout at the highest level. He has made the cut in 10 of 11 events this year, is 14th in the FedEx Cup, and has already eclipsed his career high for earnings in a season with nearly $1.7 million. "Hes become just a wonderfully consistent player and has his own identity and everything else, which he should," Craig said. "Hes worked hard for it and hes earned it. Good for him, and Im just going to kind of stand on the sidelines and watch, which is all I want to do, and just be supportive and root him on and hope more Phoenixes happen in the future. A lot more." In fact, the proud father wouldnt be at all surprised if Kevin made a serious run at the green jacket on his very first try. The younger Stadler is quite accurate with his irons, which should come in handy with all the dips and bumps on those tricky Augusta greens. "Thats why I actually love his game for this golf course," Craig said. "You do have to hit the ball high with the irons a little bit. And as far as Im concerned, and he might disagree, but I think hes just a wonderful iron player. I think thats definitely the strength of his game, and having your iron game down here makes this course so much easier." Even after getting just a taste of their practice round, father and son managed to trade some good-natured jabs. "I bogeyed 1 and birdied 2 and he parred them both," Craig said. "I was tied after two, so I was happy." "That birdie I made on 2 doesnt count, huh?" Kevin countered. "You didnt make that putt," Craig said. "Did you?" "Of course I did," Kevin said, drawing laughter from the room. Craig, who hasnt made the cut at Augusta since 2007 or been a serious contender in more than two decades, is certainly appreciative of the chance to end his Masters career with his son at his side. "Thanks to Kev here, I got back to the press room for the first time in about 20 years," the elder Stadler quipped. "Im so proud of the way hes played the last three, four years. Hes been close a zillion times and finally got it done, so its a very special week." Already, it seems, the Masters is smoothing out some of the bumps in their relationship. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

Visiter le site web du posteur ICQ AIM Yahoo Messenger MSN GTalk/Jabber Skype
Publicité

MessagePosté le: Mar 28 Nov - 04:07 (2017)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet     Index du Forum -> Partie technique -> Revue Moto Technique Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | créer forum gratuit | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation